Invisalign® Clear Braces for a Healthy, Beautiful Smile
A straight, uniform smile offers more than aesthetic appeal. When your teeth are perfectly aligned, you can enjoy better health and improved confidence. Cuyahoga Falls Dental Arts offers Invisalign clear braces to straighten your smile comfortably and discreetly. Our dentist, Maria Papich-Forsyth, is certified in aesthetic dentistry and will work with you to develop a smile you’ll love to show off.
Whether you’re dealing with crooked teeth, crowding, or multiple bite issues, Invisalign could be your solution. If you live or work in Cuyahoga Falls, contact our office to schedule your cosmetic consultation and find out how Invisalign can help you.
CALL US: (330) 928-1417 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
How Does Invisalign Work?
While traditional braces use wires and brackets to move teeth, Invisalign uses a series of custom clear aligners that gradually guide teeth into position. The aligners are tailored to your smile, applying gentle pressure at specific points. Each set of trays moves your teeth according to your treatment plan and is traded for the next set after two weeks.
Invisalign can address a variety of bite issues, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Open bite
The number of aligners and treatment time will vary depending on your situation. On average, Invisalign can address mild to moderate issues in 12-18 months. Dr. Maria will help you understand how long your treatment is likely to take during your consultation.
Who Qualifies for Invisalign?
Most people who have mild or moderate bite issues make good candidates for Invisalign. At Cuyahoga Falls Dental Arts, we offer Invisalign orthodontic treatment to patients 18 and older.
If you are interested in straightening your smile, Dr. Maria will evaluate your teeth with both a visual exam and 3D image capturing. This will show the current state of your bite and allow you to see what your smile will look like once treatment is complete. Our dentist can then use these images to help you decide whether clear braces are the right choice for you.
More complex issues may require a different type of orthodontics, which Dr. Maria will discuss with you. Maintaining good oral health will help your results last longer, so if you have damaged teeth or gum disease, we may address these issues before your treatment begins.
5 Reasons to Choose Invisalign
If you’re considering Invisalign treatment, you’ll want to know what makes this option worthwhile. Clear braces offer several benefits, which is why it becomes more popular each year.
- Comfortable – The aligners are shaped to fit your unique bite, so they don’t feel bulky or get in the way. You'll have little to no speech issues and may often forget you're wearing the aligners.
- Removable – You can take the aligners out at any time, making it easy to enjoy your favorite foods without worry about damaging your braces. You also don’t need any special tools to brush or floss.
- Discreet – The aligners are clear and fit so closely to your teeth that they are virtually undetectable when you speak or smile. Most people won’t be able to tell you’re wearing them.
- Convenient – Invisalign can fit easily into your lifestyle. You won’t have to change your regular routine and you will have fewer dental appointments. If you’re going out of town for a while, our dentist can easily give you extra aligners to keep your treatment going until you can come to the office.
- Safe – Since the aligners don’t have any sharp or protruding edges, the risk of injury to your gums or mouth is very low. Invisalign braces won’t cause mouth sores, and you’re less likely to be injured in an accident or during physical activity.
Caring for Your Invisalign Aligners
Even though each aligner set is only meant to be worn for two weeks, you’ll want to make sure you take good care of them. The state of your clear braces affects both your treatment results and your oral health, so proper care is key. Fortunately, the aligners don’t require a lot of extra work to maintain, so a few minutes a day is all it takes.
Cleaning: Keeping your aligners clean is vital to avoiding bacteria and debris that cause gum disease; it also helps to prevent them from staining. Brush the trays with a soft-bristled toothbrush (not the one you use for your teeth). Rinse them with cool water only, and don’t use toothpaste or soap, which can stain them and may leave a bad taste.
Daytime Use: Always remove your aligners before you eat or drink anything except water. Brush your teeth well and rinse your aligners thoroughly before you put them back on. This will keep food debris from getting trapped in your aligners.
Storage: When you aren’t wearing your trays, store them in a safe place where they won't be lost or thrown away by mistake. Don’t leave them out in the open air, which encourages bacterial growth. If you lose a set of trays, contact us right away to have a replacement set made, and wear your previous set in the meantime to prevent your teeth from relapsing.
Straighter Teeth from Your Cuyahoga Falls Dentist
Whether you seek to straighten your smile for the health benefits or want a boost in confidence, Invisalign offers a convenient and effective way to accomplish both. Dr. Maria and her team are excited to work with you and help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Give Cuyahoga Falls Dental Arts a call today to get started!
CALL US: (330) 928-1417 REQUEST APPOINTMENT